25 Year Limited Warranty
Armor Series warrants the patio door vinyl frame and sash components against blistering and peeling. flaking, and corroding for a period of twenty-five (25) Years. All hardware is warranted against defects for two (2) years. Insulating glass panels are warranted against seal failure for ten (10)years. Workmanship and mini blinds are warranted for a period of five (5) years.
Exterior paint warranted for a period of ten (10) years to remain free of peeling, cracking and major discolouration not caused by exposure to sunlight heat. noxious or abrasive materials.
Armor Series’ liability is limited solely and exclusively to repair or replacement and to substitute parts. at the discretion of Armor Series. and under no circumstances will Armor Series be liable for incidental or consequential damages or charges. such as, but not limited to, labour costs for any purpose, inconvenience, damage or injury to persons or to property, or any other expense. This Warranty will be deemed null and void if the owner/purchaser modifies or otherwise alters in any way the product after installation without the written consent of Armor Series, if the product is used for a purpose not intended, or otherwise outside the accepted and advised use and if harmful cleaning solutions and abrasive compounds are used, as well as any windows manufactured outside Armor Series manufacturing specifications as specified on www.armorseries.com.
30 Day Warranty on Screens
Punctures and tears in screens are covered for thirty (30) days Parts Free. labour not included. Please note that a screen will not stop a child from falling out of the window.
Window Ownership Transfer Form
While this Warranty is transferable to future owners of the properly, Armor Series obligations under the Warranty will only continue if a written notice of the transfer in ownership is forwarded to Armor Series with in thirty (30) days of the new owner taking possession of the property in question, where the warranted product is installed and acknowledgment receipt has been issued by Armor Series. Should the subsequent owner fail to notify Armor Series of their intention to continue the Warranty. the Warranty will then expire automatically without the possibility of revival, on the close of business on the thirtieth (30th) day after the owner takes ownership of the said properly.
Effective Date of Warranty
This warranty will only come into force if and when the customer forwards to Armor Series the Warranty Registration Certificate. Armor will only honour warranties for which Armor Series has received said form. To be enforceable said form must be returned to Armor Series within thirty (301 days after installation. For greater certainty. Armor’s obligation under this Warranty will only take effect upon a written confirmation from Armor Series of the receipt by Armor Series of the Warranty Registration Certificate. Customer Warranty Registration Certificate must be forwarded and received by Armor Series within thirty (30) days. Warranty Registration Certificate not registered within the deadlines set out herein will result in the termination of the warranty and Armor Series obligations hereunder.
Solar Bond™ Paint
Solar Bond™ standard colours are warranted against such defects in material and workmanship that might result from paint peeling, flaking. cracking and major discolouration for a period of fifteen (15) years that is not caused by exposure to sunlight, heat, or noxious or abrasive materials.
Armor Series is responsible solely for the manufactured product. All Installation related claims should be directed to the Distributor/Dealer/ Installer. Armor Series will not be responsible for claims arising between the Distributor/Dealer/Installer and their customers. Armor Series is a Window Wise Approved Manufacturer and adheres to the Window Wise standards available at www.windowwise.com
Exclusions from Warranty Coverage
Damages resulting from the following are excluded from coverage under this Warranty:
1. Exposure to harmful pollutants. the corrosion of non-vinyl products or components due to the close proximity to coastal areas, excessive thermal or physical stress and/or high humidity levels such as but not limited to improper storage.
2. Any damage to the window or window components due to the settlement of building structure.
3. Any damage caused by wind, hail. lightning or other incident of weather, deemed as an act of God.
4. Minor imperfections in windows and doors that do not affect the product’s structural integrity or obscure vision.
5. Any window which has been repaired or modified by any person other than a factory- trained Service Technician or authorized Armor representative or any Non-Armor Series add-on or replacement parts added to the Window(s).
6. Any defect, malfunction or failure to perform, which has occurred because of unreasonable use. improper application or the failure to perform reasonable or necessary maintenance.
7. If products with visible defect(s) after goods have been picked up or delivered and are installed with such defects. but not limited to scratches, dents, and cracks and/or damaged components without notifying Armor prior to installation.
8. Condensation on windows, which may occur as a natural result of humidity within the house or building area. Please refer to http://oee.nrcan.gc.ca/ for condensation prevention tips.